Saturday 5 June 2010

1st Ultra

Having decided to take part in the Trans Britain marathon later in September (156 miles over 6 days) I'm taking part in my first Ultra Marathon tomorrow. 35 miles around Northamptonshire in the Shires and Spires Ultra. http://gobeyondultra.co.uk/events/northants_ultra

I'm surprisingly relaxed about the prospect even though the furthest I've run so far is a standard 26.2 road marathon, and I haven't been able to put much training in lately, I'll have to rely what's left of my marathon fitness . I think the most difficult thing is going to be the navigating, just bought myself a compass, but I'm not sure it's going to help.

Anyway really looking forward to it even though the weather looks a bit iffy. Better go get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomo Colin. Looking forward to reading both yours and Israels accounts of your experiences in this. I started running when I hit 40 and wanted to do my first marathon when I was 41, so running is a totally new thing for me and only been running less than 2 years so still have alot to learn, but onwards and upwards! :)

    ReplyDelete