Thursday 24 June 2010

No. 3 - Colworth Challenge

What a week.

At the beginning of the week I was still struggling with knee and calf pain so decide to miss the Market Harborough 5 race.

I was away in Co. Durham on Wednesday night, beautiful surroundings for a run, but was still struggling, and with some very steep hills all I could manage was a very slow run-walk.

I had some treatment on Thursday night but Friday morning I still wasn’t sure if I’d be able to run in the Colworth Challenge. But by lunch time all pain had eased off and I thought I’d give it a go – Thanks Andrew McKenna

Pitched the tent in just about time for the start of the 5 mile race I found that I had no pain, but also absolutely no speed. Ended up pushing about as hard as I could but legs felt very heavy, still I love that course so it was a good start to the weekend..

After a very cold night in the tent and with very little sleep , I’d decided to take it easy for the Saturday 8.1 mile trial race as I knew the footing would be difficult. Got around OK but the knee had started to hurt again hurt.

After a much better night woke up Sunday morning with pain again, but I was determined to complete the event so strapped the knee up ready for the half marathon, and decided to take it easy and just get around. Got around without too much pain, and having got home realised that I’d still managed to knock 6 mins of my previous best for the event.

As always it was a great event, well attended by club members and it was great just to spend a bit of time with the family.

The week end was rounded off nicely with a BBQ.

Now looking forward to the 44 miler Lizard Point to Lands End coastal trial run on Saturday. Given the start time the priority for the week is sleep!


http://www.justgiving.com/Colin-Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment